6.2.09

Pushing The Fashion Envelope

I was looking at Style.com's "Oscar Dresses They Hated, But We Loved" and was very happy to find in their list the Lanvin animal print dress that Maggie Gyllenhaal wore to the '09 Golden Globes. The first time I saw this picture, I fell in love with the dress... and with Maggie.



I never quite liked her. Found her too weird and too "bad", with her boobies bouncing around in almost every movie I've seen her in. Girl, there is such a thing as a bra. Also, I just couldn't spell her last name. Haha. But she kinda grows on you. Seeing her in that dress just sealed the deal for me. She's an independent thinker and she certainly seems she doesn't give a hoot if we approve of her or not. At least that's how I view her now.

One of the best things I learned from my boss in the just-ended retail job is to be courageous in my fashion choices. Many designs don't get immediate market approval. Sometimes it takes people a whole lot of time to get used to certain ideas. It's nice to push the envelope once in a while. And the pay off can be big. You just gotta have faith in your idea. And faith that some people out there will be able to relate to it, appreciate it... and buy it!

Photo from Style.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if one is so passionate about fashion designing, can she be called a 'passion' designer?

makescoffeenervous said...

hahaha! i guess so. :)