26.2.09

The Post About Nothing Really

Suddenly everything is moving in slow motion. Just because I'm in recovery week. I had the sniffles this morning and C had some irritation in his eye so we went to see his brother who's a doctor. (As I typed that last phrase, Scout, our beagle, popped her head in and just looked at me for a few seconds and, gauging that nothing exciting was happening in this room, turned around and went to C who's in the other room watching TV. Our dogs are adorable. One day I will write a proper post about them.)

So we just basically took a day off today. I didn't even work on my assignments for fashion class. Uh-oh. Cram time tomorrow.

My aunt in Canada sent me a training guide for half and full marathon. I haven't gone through the entire thing yet but it seems quite... (what's the word)... daunting. But first I have to ask her if the mileage is in miles or kilometers.

My aunt is in her 50s (ooops, not polite to mention a woman's age) but she is so fit and really looks so great. I hope I have those genes too. She runs regularly and does trail runs I think. I will ask her for running stories. I want to be running like her when I reach that age.

Speaking of running goals, I have been closely following the 102K Ultramarathon event that commemorates the Bataan Death March. Coach Jo Ar is training this woman in her 60s who's joining that run. I plan to be there at the finish line to cheer for them. I hope my schedule (and C) allows me to do that. I just want to support them even in a small way. Someday, I hope I'll be strong (and gutsy) enough to run 102K.

Scout popped in again. I think she's getting curious why I'm not there with them watching TV. I should go. The bag of potato chips await. :)

Tomorrow is another running day. I'm excited. :)

P.S. Since this post isn't about anything in particular, I am going to throw this quote in (aside from running and fashion and writing, I also love pictures):

"A photographic portrait is a picture of someone who knows he's being photographed and what he does with this knowledge is as much a part of the photograph as what he's wearing or how he looks. He's implicated in what's happening and he has a certain real power over the result." -- Richard Avedon

This is my portrait of C.

And this is C's portrait of me.

Taken at Starbucks John Hay last January.

No comments: