4.1.10

New Year, New Adventures

Many people I know are glad that 2009 is over. So many bad things happened last year (global recession, the super typhoons that hit the country and for me and C, our two miscarriages). I'm glad too for the new year and the chance to start over.

I read this today and feel even more invigorated about the things this year holds. This year will for me be about learning. I'm going to study patternmaking and hopefully sewing too. I realize I need to learn these two skills to become more effective as a designer. I need to know how to construct what I have envisioned. Even if I don't make the garment myself, I have to know how to guide the sewer in making it.

Aside from learning new things, I'm going to try to wake up earlier and sleep earlier. I promise this every year. I have to keep trying till the good sleep habits stick.

What else...

Ah yes, I will try my very best to get rid of more old stuff (C, if they don't get sold in the garage sale, we throw them out, okay?) and make more storage space.

Simple but tough goals I've set out to accomplish. Someone remind me to check in June how I'm doing with these things. :)

How about you, what are your 2010 goals?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's always good to have goals, simple or small they may be. =) When you accomplish one, it makes you feel better as a person. And even when you haven't, then it's always something to work for in the coming years. =)

Cheers to a new year with new dreams and goals!

makescoffeenervous said...

Cheers! Here's to being patient with ourselves too with accomplishing our goals! :D

Anonymous said...

You've been doing well with the waking up part. Front end of sleeping we've to work on LOL. And yes, at least you got your table back. Meron palang table haha.

- C

makescoffeenervous said...

Hahaha. Yeah, I love waking up early! And yeah, may table pala! Now to clear the stuff under it. That'd warrant a real reward, like a certain vintage-feel bag I like! Hahaha. Just kidding.