6.7.09

Monday Blahs

We just came back from Bacolod. We attended my aunt's funeral service. Got in late last night. Dropped by C's family to bring pasalubong and for a quick dinner. Had to go to a wake right after. Our college friend's mom passed away Thursday. Lung cancer. The Big C strikes again.

C was on leave today, thank God. We caught up on sleep and had time to do some errands and just basically slacked off.

I have so much to do this week but I couldn't really focus today so I just made a list of the things I had to do and organized designs and set appointments.

I basically felt yech the whole day. And I couldn't figure out why. Maybe it's still sadness from my aunt's passing, the emotional weight of the funeral... I don't know. The only bright spots today were sweet and salty sampaloc candies and catching John Lloyd Cruz and Sarah Geronimo's You Changed My Life on Cinema One. Hahahaha! And another hahahaha!

I did like the movie though. It was funny and kilig. Nothing life-changing, but perfect for times when you just don't want to think. And that's good too, sometimes.

I feel much better tonight. Maybe because we're closing up on Monday in a bit and moving into Tuesday. Lots of things to do tomorrow and it's my run night too.

I always think that the best antidote to a sad or bad mood is to move. To move away from that moment, whether just in your mind or by literally moving. I'll be able to do both tomorrow.

Have a great week!

P.S. We took a cab several times in Bacolod. It was nice that the cab drivers would often always say good morning or good afternoon when we'd get in the cab. That's such a nice touch.

P.P.S. I also learned that it's important to pack both white and black when attending a funeral in another town. I was so sure white would be acceptable, only to find out the night before the funeral that we all had to be in black. I had less than an hour to find something decent and well-priced. It was so stressful! And pack makeup! I'm not a huge fan of makeup. I didn't pack any, not even lip gloss. I had forgotten how my family really dress up for things. So it was a blessing that C found one of my lipsticks in the pocket of our suitcase. I must've put it there on a previous trip and forgot about it. Good thing!

P.P.P.S. So sorry this entry is really just a dear diary entry. I just wanted to write something really. Hopefully I'll have a nice story to share soon. Have a great week!

No comments: