8.10.10

A Timely Word

Proverbs 15:23 - "A man finds joy in giving an apt reply - and how good is a timely word!"

I've been having trouble writing a proper post. So many things to say, a lot of sadness at times and I just can't get to write about it. Sadness mainly because a good friend told me I was fat. Haha.

Last night I got this text from a client:

"Sorry for late text, just pleased to say the dress and top fit me really well! Thanks! :)"

It was timely and such a blessing.

The part about work that I am most challenged with is following up payments. Oh how I hate it and wish so dearly that someone could do it for me. And lately the unpaid accounts have been piling up and I am struggling with follow-up. And I have to do it or else what is the point of this business, right?

Well, I have to really brace myself and be diligent in getting paid. But last night, getting that text from a client, it just really encouraged me so much.

Payments fill the cash box and allow me to pay the staff and fuel the business. Compliments for a job well done fill the heart and inspire one to keep at it.

2 comments:

Lucy Laucht said...

Get an intern- they can follow up for you and gain experience at the same time. Win win situation!
Hope the hair is going well!

Lucy

makescoffeenervous said...

I should! Thank you, Lucy, for the advice! And for dropping by my blog!!!

Hair is still just wavy. I have to find good curlers! :)